Scholarships for MADM Students in Cape Town
Scholarships of the "South African - German Centre for Development Research"
The major scholarship donor for students of the Bochum Programme of Development Management is the DAAD-funded South African - German Centre for Development Research.
Applicants from Sub-Saharan African countries with an excellent academic record can apply for a full scholarship for their studies within the Bochum Programme. This scholarship includes:
- monthly allowances of Euro 650 for the whole study period
- topping-up of monthly allowances of up to Euro 500 per month for a three months' study and internship period in Germany
- travel subsidies totaling to max 2,125€ for 1 flight to South Africa at the beginning of your studies, 1 return flight for the field research period in your home country and 1 flight back to your home country at the end of your studies
- administration fees of up to Euro 1.500
The closing date for scholarship applications for students of the Master of Arts in Development Management at UWC (Bochum Programme) to commence their studies in May 2018 is the 30th of November 2017
. Applicants will be informed about their applications by the 31st of January 2018. If you wish to apply for a scholarship of the DAAD-funded South African - German Centre for Development Research you have to process your application via the online application platform (access via the "How to apply sections" of the MADM Cape Town) and indicate that you wish to apply for this scholarship in part "5. Financing" of the online form.
All participants of the Bochum Programme can apply for a mobility scholarship for the three months' study period in Germany. There is no need to apply for this scholarship already with the course application. The scholarship includes
- monthly allowances of up to Euro 500
- travel subsidies of up to Euro 825
Other Scholarship Opportunities
Excellent German applicants can apply for individual scholarships of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) for studies abroad. For details, please refer to the DAAD webpage.
Apart from DAAD, some other organizations in Germany also provide support opportunities for foreign members of institutions of higher education. For an overview please refer to the "scholarships" section of the MADM Bochum.